About Kettlesing Pre-school
Exemplary childcare provision just on the outskirts of Harrogate…
Why Choose Us?
- Kettlesing Pre-school provides a stimulating and nurturing environment dedicated to your child’s learning
- We have qualified and highly experienced staff who provide a safe and caring learning environment
- Our small, bespoke setting allows personal planning so individual child’s needs are met
- An out of hours service is provided from 8am to 5.30pm
- Play experiences provide the basis for learning based on our children’s interests
- Through the use of our online daily journal (Tapestry), parents are regularly up to date with their child’s progress
- In addition to daily face to face feedback you will also be offered two face to face meetings with the nursery teacher and an annual report
Our Team Are Qualified and Passionate
This small, highly qualified team have been carefully chosen to ensure our children receive the highest quality of nursery education and care on a daily basis. Our staff have been trained in Level 2 Food and Hygiene, Paediatric First Aid and are qualified as an NVQ Level 3 or hold qualified teacher status.
The Kettlesing Pre-School team are excited by young children’s learning and are continually motivated to attend training so ensure our pre-school remains a stimulating and relevant nursery environment.
Kettlesing Felliscliffe School, Harrogate… A Brief History
There has been a schoolmaster in the Parish of Felliscliffe since 1841 according to the Nidderdale Census. By 1861, the West Sykes Green Day School was well established on the outskirts of the village. It was in 1876, that the Felliscliffe Board School was founded in Kettlesing Village itself. According to the historical information of 1868, it was a free school with an endowment of fourteen pounds per year (see GENUKI).
This Victorian building has been sensitively extended to double its classroom number from the original two (one being housed in the school hall) to four today, Kettlesing Pre-School being one of these.
Our current children are drawn from the locality but we also have many children from Harrogate town and the surrounding areas, being only a short drive away we are easily accessible.